About MAXXIMO Insurance Services
Commercial Insurance and Surety Bonds.
Who Is MAXXIMO Insurance Services?
- My name is Dimas Diaz. I’m the Owner and Broker here at MAXXIMO Insurance Services in Portland, Oregon.
- I was born and raised in Havana, Cuba. I escaped to the USA in 1980 due to economic and political deprivation. In a split second, without knowing it, I traded the warm and sunny weather of the Caribbean for the rainy and cold weather of Oregon. No complaints though, I love Portland. This is my home.
- I learned English and attended college while working as a dishwasher and a cook. With hard work and determination, I obtained an AA from Portland Community College, a BA from Portland State University, and a Master of Urban Planning from the University of Oregon.
- I love working with contractors, non-profit organizations and food cart owners. I work with both well-established businesses and new business.
Why Choose MAXXIMO Insurance Services?
- We’re a trustworthy organization
- We’re ready to go the extra mile to see you succeed
- We have the agility and passion of a small firm
- We engage in community empowerment
- We pride ourselves in working closely with the community and helping both small and large businesses with their insurance needs.
- We work hard to truly understand your business, identify your unique risks, and secure cost-effective coverage for you. We also put a great emphasis on actively participating and supporting a variety of community organizations, such as OAME and MCIP.
Our Trade Affilliations
- National Association of Minority Contractors (NAMCO)
- An organization focused on enhancing the status of minority individuals in the building and construction trades. It was founded in 1969 and has addressed the needs and concerns of minority contractors ever since. Its membership is open to people of all races but it primarily focusses on helping those with African, Asian, Latinx and Native backgrounds.
- Professional Business Development Group (PBDG)
- An organization focused on improving the business conditions in the construction industry by increasing the professional services contractors. It encourages and increases the use of multiple services to ensure good results.
- Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs
- An organization designed to help minority entrepreneurs. It offers free technical assistance and business counseling, provides access to Capital, including SBA microloans, gives its members access to a program that matches small businesses with contracting opportunities, offers office spaces at below market prices and holds bi-monthly networking meetings to help businesses grow.
Our Certifications, Awards & Honors
- Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS)
- This program is a continuing education curriculum focusing on the insurance and risk management needs of construction projects and contractors. It was developed by IRMI and makes it much easier for agents, brokers and CSR’s to become well informed on construction insurance and risk management.
- OAME Chairman Award
- Award for Volunteer of OAME Youth Conference